HELP! Daystar sway bar bushing install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! Daystar sway bar bushing install

hoovito

Reaction score
City, State
Boise, Idaho
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT 4X4
Hello I am a newbie, this is the first time I have posted. I usually have found all I need to know by doing searches. However, I couldn't get any info on information below.

I am installing new Daystar sway bar bushings on my 92 XLT. I am having trouble getting the old stock bushings out of the rear end link eyes. What is the best way to do this?? I don't have a vise and prying and twisting havn't worked very well, I have heard of using a torch. Will it work? Any other ways?

One other question. The old bigger bushings that are on the body of the bar had slits in them so that they could be slipped off the bar at the mount points. The new Daystar bushings don't have slits cut in them. There is no way they will slip over the eye at the end of the bar. So I would assume I need to cut slits in the new bushings, Is this correct??

Thanks,

Hoovito

For the links I drilled them out, just used a small bit and drilled all the rubber, for the big mount, just grease the bushing and slide it on.

Back