• Register Today It's free!

help help help Please

peddler

Reaction score
City, State
cromer sunny norfolk
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 north face
Hi ( this is a duplicate message but is very urgent)

My garage had made a big **** up, they tried fixing air bag light but in their wisdom they cut off the old connectors and then tried replacing them with new other ford connectors not knowing there was a resistor in the old connectors, which they have now disposed of. I got the part no. from this forum, and gave all the details to them. They rang Bussey's the local ford garage and they put them on a back order. This was 5 days ago, rang the garage to chase yesterday, they chased Bussey's. Guess what, they don't have a delivery date at all? so all other work done for the mot, just their **** up is stopping it from passing. The mot has now ran out.

think these is the code needed

XL1Z-14B022-AA Ford calls it "one resistor"
B 1998 Passenger side airbag circuit shorted or resistance high

So can anyone help me source another set of connectors.

Many thanks again in advance Gary

Hi Gary
have a look here Tasca

If you ring them (texas) or do a bit of web trickery and Skype them they may be able to rush one out to you otherwise it will be a week ish. A guy I know got some parts in 4 days from them

obviously the garage will be picking up the tab so postage is not an issue

Hi,

Why not just use a regular resistor? It won't be anything special just because it's from Ford!

I would say you need a 1ohm or possibly 2ohm. Just buy a couple of each they cost pennies from your local electronics shop or online via ebay or a million other places..

Back