HELP!!! I need a quick answer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!! I need a quick answer

Hey guys...
I found someone who wants to sell their 20 inch chrome rims for a really really good deal but the problem is he will only sell them today because he needs the money. Anyways ... he says the lug pattern is a 5x5 lug pattern and the tires 255/35/20. Will these fit my car ... i have a 97 sport.
Please i need your help as soon as possible ...
thanks ... Eddie

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry but 5 on 5 will not fit.. you need 5 on 4.5"

Wrong bolt pattern.

They could work with the use of wheel adapters, if it is a GREAT deal, it may be worth it.

bolt pattern is diffrent, your is 5x4.5 but you can get adapters for that, other than that i have no idea about rubbing and any of that other stuff

its a really good deal ... chrome 20's with new tires for 600 and its local so no shipping also. how much are wheel adaptors and is it worth the hassle

can anyone tell me if adapters will work for sure and how much they would cost.... please

You can get adapters however most ppl on here frown the idea of using wheel adapters.

Smaller, </= 1" adapters aren't that bad for ya.

Expect to pay somewhere around $150-$200 per pair for a good set of adapters. You can find them cheaper, but I personally would stay away from them.

ok ... thanks for your help. i am goin to try my best to go get these rims. any more comments regarding adopters i would appreciate and if anyone can give me a site where i can research/buy adaptors i would appreciate it.
thanks again .... Eddie

Back