Help! I need custom graphics please! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Help! I need custom graphics please!

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
This one has been plaguing me for a few months now-

I have a set of very nice Audio amplifiers sitting in the house which are to be powder-coated a very nice K-state purple.

Now, I want you to know this is a friend of Techieman33, and, it isn't a money job, rather a learning challenge which I took on. I will probably make a couple bux, but my time has been eaten up already. :D

What I need is the small graphics on the end panel in a silver color-
It would be nice to have a water transfer decal-but at this point anything will do. I have consulted with a screen printer, however she is hesitant as the area leaves little room for a frame-and the upward facing braces are an obstacle to the process.

Ok, the good part.
I just received a quote from an on line graphics vinyl maker-which quoted me a 25 sheet order minimum.

They would print up 25 sheets, and I would peel and stick what I needed, leaving plenty of room for errors--and replacements.

However, the 495.00 price has me a bit down.

Here are some pictures of what I need duplicated--

There are 2 of the model 2500, and 1 model 4150

I will then coat the whole mess with a crystal clear powdercoat, which is a low temp cure. I have done this successfully on other items.

Attachments

• logo 1.jpg
    logo 1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 173
  • logo 2.jpg
    logo 2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 179
  • end plate 2.jpg
    end plate 2.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 184
  • end plate.jpg
    end plate.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 182
<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

kert0307

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pella, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport and '89 B2
Whatever you do, it would help out if you could get an electronic file of what needs to be done in pdf, dxf, or dwg format. That way all you have to do is give whoever cuts it the file, and they can let the computer cut it. But, it would be a pain to draw it up to scale... which is probably why it costs so much.

The only thing I could do for you is get a copy of the layout and get laser cut parts that you could use as templates to rattle can them on. But, I think that the letters are too small for it to work.

<

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
um I would just powdercoat the front casing (heat sink) and leave the side panels (with all the text) factory.

Then HAND PAINT the ARC AUDIO stuff

<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
which are to be powder-coated a very nice K-state purple.

That's an oxymoron right there:D:D:p::p:
Could be worse though. (i.e. red & blue)

Now black and gold would look real sweet:D

<

techieman33

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Topeka, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 V8 Mountaineer
That's an oxymoron right there:D:D:p::p:
Could be worse though. (i.e. red & blue)

Now black and gold would look real sweet:D

You can laugh now, but just wait until November then we'll see who gets to laugh:p:. I guess at least your not a fan of those other losers:D

<

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
You can laugh now, but just wait until November then we'll see who gets to laugh:p:. I guess at least your not a fan of those other losers:D

You must be talking about the corn shuckers:D

<

<

<

<

<

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
I just thought of something.. What about printing it on clear vinyl? Then simply cutting them by hand..

<