Help identifying paint color codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help identifying paint color codes

I'm trying to find the paint color code for the silver/gray on the lower panels and wheel arches on my 1998 Explorer. The main body colour is Toreador Red code FN / FL, but nobody here in the UK (even my local Ford dealer) can identify the silver/gray. Which is surprising because every Explorer sold in the UK up to the introduction of the body colored bumper models had the 'some color' over silver paintwork. My local auto paint shop could mix the paint if they knew the code.
Any help with a shortlist would be appreciated.

TIA
Simon H

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the very quick response!
There's interesting info and links there but unfortunately I could not really solve my problem :(
The color code on my VIN plate is FLRC. Presumably the FL refers to the Toreador Red main body color - but what does RC represent?

Many thanks
Simon H

According to the link to paintscratch.com, RC refers to Medium Platinum Metallic Clearcoat RC/M6454.

Excellent!
Thankyou very much for the help! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Simon H

Is your Explorer Red? I think that FL is toreador red. I am happy to know that gray color now.

EDIT: nevermind, someone already said toreador red.

Old thread ... sorry for the gravedigging, except to say that this just helped me tremendously. :thumbsup:

Back