Help identifying this disconnected cable | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help identifying this disconnected cable

Matiasv

Reaction score
City, State
Asunción, departamento central
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Limited AWD
Hi! I found this connector loose and I don't know where it should be connected. Any ideas?
as data: Advance Track dosn´t work and Cruise Control and cruise control buttons don't do anything.

Please help :)

1.png
2.png
3.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi! I found this connector loose and I don't know where it should be connected. Any ideas?
as data: Advance Track dosn´t work and Cruise Control and cruise control buttons don't do anything.

Please help :)

View attachment 432285View attachment 432286View attachment 432287
welcome to EF! im unsure of the layout on the 3rd gens but given your symptoms i wonder if it goes to the master cylinder? i however am unsure though, as im not familiar with that generation.

welcome to EF! im unsure of the layout on the 3rd gens but given your symptoms i wonder if it goes to the master cylinder? i however am unsure though, as im not familiar with that generation.
Thanks! Not really... Master cylinder has all his connection in use :(

Thanks! Not really... Master cylinder has all his connection in use :(
can you provide a more zoome dout photo? sorry im not too familiar with the 3g under the hood.

Is it throwing any codes?

I don't see the engine type listed anywhere in your post. Is this a 4.0L v6 or 4.6L v8?

LMHmedchem

LF wheel sensor.

But that's not the wheel end, should connect to the harness at a connector on top of the brake booster.

I’ll try to remember to look later. But based on the length of total loom, it’s top back of engine.

I have one with one of those there that doesn't connect to anything. The wife's 4.0. Just hanging out in there like that since we got it. Everything works, no codes. Not sure if it's the same on my 4.6.

Does it not connect to this thing on the booster?

99387634-F6AD-441E-A6C5-8A33F8D536C2.jpeg 63482975-278A-45E5-A8CC-80C68184941A.jpeg 28BC434C-857F-4897-AD8B-45F463BC273D.jpeg

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in responding, for my English and thanks for all the answers.

I checked what @Number4 mentioned but it's not that.

I have suspicions that the brake pump has been replaced by a different one because I don't see the connection of the pressure sensor that works with the cruise control. Attached more photos!

I want my cruise control work :( cheers from Paraguay!

IMG_20220910_145410.jpg IMG_20220910_145352.jpg IMG_20220910_145417.jpg IMG_20220910_145423.jpg IMG_20220910_145332.jpg

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay in responding, for my English and thanks for all the answers.

I checked what @Number4 mentioned but it's not that.

I have suspicions that the brake pump has been replaced by a different one because I don't see the connection of the pressure sensor that works with the cruise control. Attached more photos!

I want my cruise control work :( cheers from Paraguay!

View attachment 434188 View attachment 434189 View attachment 434190 View attachment 434191 View attachment 434192
Yeah I didn't notice that but the master cylinder should have a brake pressure sensor on it on the cruise/tc/advtrac equipped models. Yours appears to be missing.

I say that... but that doesn't look like the connector for that sensor.

Yeah I didn't notice that but the master cylinder should have a brake pressure sensor on it on the cruise/tc/advtrac equipped models. Yours appears to be missing.
Yeah, both master cylinder sensors are two wire.

I want to say I’ve only seen these on the firewall. Due to the length of the wire, I believe it goes beyond the master cylinder area.

D6ED1554-B38D-4D5A-8D7D-683215BA9735.jpeg

Also, it appears to be a jumper wire. That is, a wire that doesn’t apply to every vehicle produced. I say this because it has a connection point itself and isn’t hardwired.

I ran out in the dark (1 in the morning) and snapped some pics for you. Turns out I was right, but it's for the one with the sensor on the bottom. My 04 NBX just so happens to be the same.

Screenshot_20220911-010817_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220911-010758_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220911-010700_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220911-010538_Gallery.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So yeah, that is supposed to connect to the pressure/cruise release switch on the master cylinder. Unless they capped off the spot where the sensor goes, that's the wrong master cylinder.

Back