Help identifying this disconnected cable | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help identifying this disconnected cable

So yeah, that is supposed to connect to the pressure/cruise release switch on the master cylinder. Unless they capped off the spot where the sensor goes, that's the wrong master cylinder.
This. The pressure sensor is on the bottom of the master cylinder in mine which is a 4.0 XLT sport which has advance track and CC.

OP never posted what vehicle/engine he has or if there are any codes.

If CC is out could it be the switch down under the dash on the brake pedal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This. The pressure sensor is on the bottom of the master cylinder in mine which is a 4.0 XLT sport which has advance track and CC.

OP never posted what vehicle/engine he has or if there are any codes.

If CC is out could it be the switch down under the dash on the brake pedal?
The missing switch on the master cylinder is required for the cc to work.

The missing switch on the master cylinder is required for the cc to work.
Yeah I know. I can't really make it out from the pics but mine has an issue where the cc is out but advance track says it's working. In my case it's probably due to an aftermarket remote start system installed by the previous owner. Those sensors are like $90 unless you go chinesium.

Yeah I know. I can't really make it out from the pics but mine has an issue where the cc is out but advance track says it's working. In my case it's probably due to an aftermarket remote start system installed by the previous owner. Those sensors are like $90 unless you go chinesium.
You could try checking your brake pressure sensor fuse. Also there's some kind of vacuum sensor or something on the brake booster (round thing on the drivers side of the booster with wires coming out) that nobody seems to know anything about but it apparently has something to do with cc and abs.

Pressure switch fuse...

Ford-Explorer-2002-2005_20180427041507479.png

You could try checking your brake pressure sensor fuse. Also there's some kind of vacuum sensor or something on the brake booster (round thing on the drivers side of the booster with wires coming out) that nobody seems to know anything about but it apparently has something to do with cc and abs.

Where is the fuse, in the fuse box under the hood, the panel under the dash or somewhere else? Thing is, everything brake related works fine, it's just the CC that doesn't work. But when I run an OBD test it says I never depressed the brake even though everything else works fine.

I'll poke around some more when it stops raining.

Where is the fuse, in the fuse box under the hood, the panel under the dash or somewhere else? Thing is, everything brake related works fine, it's just the CC that doesn't work. But when I run an OBD test it says I never depressed the brake even though everything else works fine.

I'll poke around some more when it stops raining.
Under the hood on the drivers side big black box. Yeah that sounds like exactly what I'm talking about.

Wiring harnesses are cut to fit. Not too short and not too long. That should give you an idea on its position. If the inside of the plug is dirty it probably hasn't been used. If all else fails get the wire cutters out. 😀

Wiring harnesses are cut to fit. Not too short and not too long. That should give you an idea on its position. If the inside of the plug is dirty it probably hasn't been used. If all else fails get the wire cutters out. 😀
Already figured it out on page one of the thread. Lol nobody seemed to notice.

Hi! I found this connector loose and I don't know where it should be connected. Any ideas?
as data: Advance Track dosn´t work and Cruise Control and cruise control buttons don't do anything.

Please help :)

View attachment 432285View attachment 432286View attachment 432287
on many explorers there were several recalls on the cruse control system, my 99 had the recall
and they added a new harness in addition to the factory one i know many got recalled several times
is this a new to you truck or has cruse worked and now doesn't the fis was to disconect till recall was done and possably someone befor you if recent purchase ripped the patch cables out

@Rick can we tag this as answered/solved? I posted solution on page one and op has not returned or responded.

Back