Help! - Leaking warm water near trans (Picture of source) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! - Leaking warm water near trans (Picture of source)

Sweersa

Reaction score
City, State
Marne, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
After seeing a puddle under the Explorer we noticed it dripping warm water out of a little black piece forward of the transmission. The little spout looks like it is designed to release water or fluid. I did not run the AC today, only heat and defrost. I drove it on the highway for 30 minutes before parking and seeing the leak within minutes after shutting the engine off.

Is this something I should be alarmed about? The fluid is warm, and appears to be water and I can't seem to smell anything from it.

D3fGdb.png

Any help/advice is appreciated! Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is the ac drain, nothing to worry about.

Yep. This is engineering in the 21st century at its finest.

You'll find that this water will find its way down onto your tranny electrical connector, and over time water will get in there and start making your tranny act like it was possessed.

Brilliant. All this used to drain way over on the passenger side. Now they dump it right onto the tranny.

Thank you for the replies! I am relieved it's not an issue, except for the strange placement of the drain over the transmission electrical connection. Someone messed up in that design.

Back