Reaction score
City, State
Portland, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer E.B.
I am looking for P/Ns:
1L2Z7829164DAPTM
1L2Z78255A00AAPT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your cheapest route would be junkyard picking. Unless you want to pay out the nose at the stealership

The dealership wont have parts for a '97. Typically they only have trim parts for vehicles up to 10 years old. You can try TASCA.COM, but the salvage yard is your best bet.

can you post pics of what you are looking for?

I plan on hitting my pick and pull soon and could look for you.

Not sure if this is gonna work or not. New here and haven't done a lot of picture posting. Rig is 1997 Explorer E.B. V8 AWD. The Burgundy colored one with the tannish colored trim. I have another Explorer same everything except it's white with the gold trim and the V6 4x4. I wanted to do a part switch but colors don't match. So now I'm looking for these. Our local U-Pull-It doesn't have any. Ford has discontinued the part and I can't find 'em anywhere. Thought someone on here would know. Thanks for the help.

http://www.fordparts2u.com/oe-ford/1l2z78255a00aapt

f3a3138ff7596f1472540d248a30d790_zpsqcrszxjl.png

http://www.fordparts2u.com/oe-ford/1l2z7829164daptm

2f4229aa462a2b67246976b9ef67a96d_zpsboweux8x.png

are they for the passenger side or drivers side

I just replaced one of these on my 98 a few months back your only option is a junkyard im afraid, I couldn't find them anywhere online.

I was looking for all the fender flares for my 4 door for a few months. Even on Ebay I was only able to find 1 piece at a time and at ridiculous prices for the rear ones.

Finally today I was able to score some when someone was parting out their truck on CL. They're not perfect, but I got a sweet deal for all the front and rear fender flares along with rocker panel covers.

Keep hunting and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Another option is to have the trim pieces you currently have painted to match. I was looking for any color and figured I could paint them all if needed. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I actually went through the process of buying another '97 Explorer E.B. with a transmission/transfer case issue just for the parts. Then my mom seen it and loved the look of it. Now, not only am I out the parts I wanted to harvest but I'm rebuilding the transfer case on the new one.

Back