• Register Today It's free!

help me decide on which to buy.

llamaking122

Reaction score
City, State
Worthington, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountaineer V8
so im going to be financing a car through a dealership here. I could afford alot more then i am going to get but i want it paid off asap. Id like the sport trac but its 11k. 1 owner and 115k then there is a regular explorer for 6900 2003 sport trac is red and regular is dark blue. im looking for a dd/ winter car. im thinking yeah the sport trac is idealy what i want but the regular is cheaper. which do you think i should get?
http://www.coughlincarsgroup.com/us...ort+Trac-b10582c60a0d048d01e8bb4ccd84c1d5.htm
http://www.coughlincarsgroup.com/used/Ford/2003-Ford-Explorer-c40f149e0a0d0669017966496f52e698.htm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is a really tough call. Mechanically and with options they are really similar. The ST has a solid axle in the back versus full independent suspension. Not sure if that makes a difference for you. Another difference is the ex has auto 4wd whereas the ST has to be switched into 4wd via the switch.
I'm kinda partial to the ST. 1 because I love mine and have been impressed with it in all weather including snow. The other reason is the bed. Even though its small you can put sand and a shovel in the bed during the winter and you don't have to worry about carpet or anything getting ruined. To keep things dry you could always pick up a bed cover for it. There are used ones for sale floating around.

truth is i love the sport trav and its, for what i do, ideal but it would mean a 12mo longer loan

neither get the next generation 2006-10 explorer 2007-10 sport trac, it will save you in repairs

i would but its too expesive

You might find a newer one for less via private party and financed through your bank. Save the dealer markup to get a newer truck as vipers said...

If you really want the ST then why settle for not ideal. Yeah it's an extra year of payments but you'll end up havin the truck for much longer than that. If you settle you'll only be kicking yourself in the future. I agree with the other guys in that you should look around at private party sellers. That alone will save at least a grand

I think 11k I a little high or a 9 year old vehicle with that many miles. But if it's really clean and you really like it and need it soon then go for it. Otherwise sit back an look at eBay Craigslist cars.com and other sites for ones in your area.

Back