• Register Today It's free!

HELP me determine this wire

androofoo

Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
im planning on wiring an ipod adapter to my car and for those of you who are famaliar with the requirements, this adapter plugs into the cd changer port through a cable. i opened up my head unit today and found out that the cd changer port is already being taken up. the funny thing is that i dont have a cd changer of any kind.

anyone know what is taking up this port?

heres a picture
headunit.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Grey/Blk wire is Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) +
The Yellow wire is Steering Wheel Control +

is that the cd changer port? cause my ipod adapter installation requires a free cd changer port..

I don't believe it is, as those are the only 2 wires that feed into that plug, and of the other 2 plugs, the smaller 8 pin connector is for the subwoofer and the 16 pin connector is for your speakers, voltage and illumination. At least according to my Service Pub.

Edit: also of the 5 available radios, 2 were 6 disc in dash changers (i.e. no external changer). The other 3 were of the AM/FM/CD and/or cassette versions.

supposedly on the 02 model there is a 20-pin connector. so i did some research.. and i found this cable adapter. but im not sure how to wire it will this picture help you?

h541PXHFD3-f.jpg

Back