help me identify this loading area/liftgate trim piece I broke | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help me identify this loading area/liftgate trim piece I broke

runningonfords

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT RRM
I smashed some of the plastic trim in the lift gate area loading wood into the back. Lame. I'm having trouble identifying it on the ford parts website. Half the time the site is inaccessible and then when it is, minutes later, I can't figure out what this is called or where it falls under. In the picture below you can see the latch for the liftgate on the right. The crack in this trim piece is indicated by the red arrow, the part I'm looking to replace is outlined, roughly, in yellow. It seems it sits on top and should be an easy swap out. I can't find it under liftgate stuff, like it should show under interior trim or something I guess? Any help with item name or number would be appreciated as I've clearly smashed this.

upload_2019-3-13_20-26-42.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you kind sir, I believe so. The free firewood is now going to run me tens of dollars in smashed parts. Savin' big money over here. At least I have some hard maple to burn next winter. Again, thank you.

Being in a large metro area, check some auto recyclers.

Thank you kind sir, I believe so. The free firewood is now going to run me tens of dollars in smashed parts. Savin' big money over here. At least I have some hard maple to burn next winter. Again, thank you.

I know it doesn't help, but a hitch mount carrier or small utility trailer can come in real handy sometimes, plus it keeps nasty stuff outside of the vehicle. Good thing you didn't break anything more expensive inside the vehicle...

Back