• Register Today It's free!

help me lower my 01 sport

larryrandleCa

Reaction score
City, State
dallas, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer sport
whatz up exp bros, iam trying to lower my 2001 sport about 2"-2.5" all around been looking need help finding parts or how can i do it. will post a picture soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the site, start off by doing a search for torsion twist and lift blocks

jimabena74 said:
welcome to the site, start off by doing a search for torsion twist and lift blocks
Why would he need lift blocks, he wants to lower it.. Explorer Express sells lowering kits for Explorers. If you do lower it, I have a set of Edelbrock Shocks for sell that only have about 200 miles on them for the lowered Explorers. I totalled mine right after I got it to look how I wanted it..

Lowering blocks = lift blocks. Just depends on the setup of the axle.

When are you going to update that website Black Magic? It has helped and inspired me alot and I would love to see more stuff on there.

Also, on the Explorer Express website at their lowering kit it says this: "These vehicles can be lowered by changing the location of the stock spacer plates." for Sports. Anyone know how to do this?

I have done that newc5188 The 95-00 sports have a monoleaf rear spring. You move the spacers above the leaf spring, as they are below the spring in stock form. This gives you about 1.5" of drop. I removed both of my leaf springs for this operation becasue there is a bolt that holds the spacers to the leaf and it was rusted.
THe 01+ sports have a multi leaf spring, and they require blocks.

Thanks for the input. :)

Back