help me spend my tax money

pughman

Reaction score
City, State
in a galaxy far far away "MISSOURI"
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
so here is what im thinking,..

on top of my 2in. sl i have now, i go with a 3in. bl, to give me 5in. of lift all together.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=130070054584&rd=1

then get 4 new off road shocks, and a steering stabilizer..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=230072540274&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=230072560648&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

then im going with super swomper SSR's, the 32x11.50-15's say they are 32.50 in Diameter, that is what most 33x12.50-15's are in other brands ! so i dont think i can fit a 33in. swomper on my truck with just the 5in. of lift i have.so 32's it is...
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...922134+4294793325+4294854629+115&autoview=sku

so what you all think ? any thing else you can think of ? any better prices than i have listed ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sounds like a alright plan, im not a fan of body lifts though. Why do you want swampers? i really think super swampers would be a waste, and at $174 each! you can get some 33" baja claws for that price, and they look twice as cool

that thing will look sweet. it is already one of nicer X's on this website. are you going to eventually re-gear it? or is it a "pavement pounder"?
any way i think there isnt a better way to spend a tax return.

i have read alot about the SSR's , people are geting 4 years 30 35,000 miles out of them, and im ez on tires anyway. and +....there swampers man ! swampers are the sh it !

and she's all pavement, might take it back in the woods to find a fishing hole, but thats about it.....for now.....one day it will be sas and a 302 V8...and its got new 4.10 gears in it, just put them in....

this is Redrig's truck, skyjacker 2in lift, 3" bl, and 33x12.50 mud kings, so it will be just like mine.
the 33x12.50 mud kings are 32.40 Diameter with 12.30 in. Section Width, the SSR's in a 32x11.50 have 32.50 Diameter with 11.50 in. Section Width.
so it should look just like this...

attachment.php

sounds like a alright plan, im not a fan of body lifts though. Why do you want swampers? i really think super swampers would be a waste, and at $174 each! you can get some 33" baja claws for that price, and they look twice as cool

I <3 my super swampers! They have gotten me through a whole lot of stuff I didn't think my truck would actually get through with opended diffs. I can't wait to see where they'll get me once i get these lockers installed. Go for it Pughman! IMO there isn't a more narly hardcore looking tire then a TSL super swamper

i wonder if you could fit the 33's with just the skyjacker springs with f150 spacers in the front and AAL with shackles in the rear... if that worked you wouldn't have to show your frame with the BL

How long before you start this project? I'd like to see how it looks because I was thinking of doing something similar over the summer. Post pics when you're done.

cant do skyjacker springs with f150 spacers , you would never get the front end alignment right. you would need drop brackets. might as whell get a 5.5 lift.
and im going to start geting the stuff here in a week or so, got the tax's all done and e-filed, just wateing on the money to get to the bank....the only time of the year it pays to have kids ! lol...

cant do skyjacker springs with f150 spacers , you would never get the front end alignment right. you would need drop brackets. might as whell get a 5.5 lift.
and im going to start geting the stuff here in a week or so, got the tax's all done and e-filed, just wateing on the money to get to the bank....the only time of the year it pays to have kids ! lol...

Isn't the 5.5" lift made only for the 4wd explorers?

all the bracketry, coils, shocks, brake lines, and steering will work. 4wd extended RA's don't fit 2wd though....

25390newstuff8.jpg

all the bracketry, coils, shocks, brake lines, and steering will work. 4wd extended RA's don't fit 2wd though....

25390newstuff8.jpg

damn you gotta picture for everything :D

LMAO!!!!

NO! lol

I had to get a (female) friends 2x4 X out of a drive way the other day. It's dirt, but that day it was mud, and it's really steep. I didn't have my X to pull it out with. I ended up having to disassemble part of a nearby wall and load the rear end with cinder blocks to get it up the hill! I would never own a 2x4 SUV. What's the point? You burn a ton of gas and still can't go anywhere more then a civic.

Note: unless your building a full on bad @ss prerunner. Those are sweet!

I say go for it:thumbsup: I really like the look of Redrig's ex. I've seen it up close it's nice. I think your's would look badass with the two tone paint sitting like that.

Or you could just donate your tax money to the Lt.Jim fund:D

LMAO!!!!

NO! lol

I had to get a (female) friends 2x4 X out of a drive way the other day. It's dirt, but that day it was mud, and it's really steep. I didn't have my X to pull it out with. I ended up having to disassemble part of a nearby wall and load the rear end with cinder blocks to get it up the hill! I would never own a 2x4 SUV. What's the point? You burn a ton of gas and still can't go anywhere more then a civic.

Note: unless your building a full on bad @ss prerunner. Those are sweet!

that one must be bad or something ? i mud mine all the time. in this video is a little i did...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v203/fordgeek/?action=view&current=92x.flv

Picture086.jpg

Have you thought about maby getting the D35 froma 4wd slo that later on down the road you could go 4x4?

im doing a sas on the front, just not right now, i got a mustang project going on right now thats more impotant than 4x4. im just one of them guys that cant drive a stock anything ! it was up or down with the x , and i dont like low on a truck, so up it is.......

764666_80_full.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/764666

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back