2 secondes of waiting
3 flash with 1/2 sec between them
6 seconds of waiting
1 flash
4 seconds of waiting
2 secondes of waiting

I think that theres no code 1-1-1 and it mean OK for the KOEO and after the waiting 1-1-1 for CM codes but what does it mean in fact ?? Because when i follow this page http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=46
the 33 code is not available on KOEO but mean EGR not opening on CM codes.
It's winter here and i really want to know the meaning of this codes because i have to work outside in snow to repair my truck so i dont want to take of things that are ok!

Thank you guys your help will be really appreciated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year Explorer? A '91 will output 2 digit codes, in which case I would interpret as KOEO/CM 33, but that wouldn't make sense because a '91 doesn't have an EGR system. '92 to '94 will output three digit codes, which would be interpreted as KOEO/CM 111, which means the computer doesn't detect any faults.

It's a 1992 explorer automatic 4.0 ohv
Is this described correctly the procedure on this page http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13 because i speak french and i have some difficulty to understand. You see in this page it tell that theres 6 sec pause after the KOEO codes one flash and then another 6 seconds before the beginning of the CM codes...but i have only 4 seconds of pause between the single flash and the beginning of the CM code.
Is this website right or i should learn how to read codes somewhere else ???
Thank you

a little better but some words are funny translated lol but i still wonder why theres only 4 sec before the flash and not 6 seconds like its been said
Oh btw Donner you must write it Bonjour and not Bon jour ;) Yes bon mean Good and jour mean Day But here we write it as one word because its an expression
If you need some advices in french i would be glad to help you ;)

The fordfuelinjection site is pretty good, though I've never paid that close of attention to the length of the pauses. I note that BrooklynBay's code list thread (sticky in this forum) calls it "approximately a 6 second" pause.

I wouldn't worry about the 4 versus 6 second pause after the separator pulse. It's still adequate for knowing where the CM codes start. Knowing it's a '92, You're clearly getting 111 for both KOEO and CM.

In addition to the fordfuelinjection site, I would recommend reviewing the stickies in this forum (if you haven't already) that describe the test procedure.

Ok thanx My last question is On this site if you get three flashes it mean 3. For exemple four flashes mean 4 and two flashes mean 2 so you get the code 42 ..but why when it flash 3 times its not the code 3 and instead it mean 111 ???
Thats the part i dont understand....sorry my ignorant questions but it's my first time in OBD-1 decoding. I used to have obd2 cars with the computer to tell me exactly the problem.

I understand. It took me a few times to get a feel for the code output format.

Two reasons for interpreting that as 111:
1) you have a '92. A '92 should output 3 digit codes, so we look for three digit codes.
2) A 33 points to an EGR fault, but your '92 shouldn't have an EGR system.

These are both "intuitive" reasons, so they don't necessarily help while you are counting flashes.

I wonder if it would help to see a real code. Try unplugging something easy to get to that will generate a code. Examples:

IAT: KOEO 114
fuel pump fuse: KOEO 542 or 543
CANP solenoid: KOEO 565
switch AC on before initiating test: KOEO 539

Then repeat the KOEO test and look for the appropriate code. Note that, as long as you don't start/attempt to start, it shouldn't set any CM codes, so CM should stay 111.

does that help?

Ok thanx ...but how do i recognize a 111 code from a 3 in the 321 code for exemple ??? You told that the 1992 use only 3 number codes but what model and years the 2 digits are used for because in Haynes book of explorer first gen they give 2 digits list and in the fordfuelinjection website too.

Merci beaucoup!

a little better but some words are funny translated lol but i still wonder why theres only 4 sec before the flash and not 6 seconds like its been said
Oh btw Donner you must write it Bonjour and not Bon jour ;) Yes bon mean Good and jour mean Day But here we write it as one word because its an expression
If you need some advices in french i would be glad to help you ;)

Yes, :D I need lessons, that's is true! :D:D

The translation is really bad because if i retranslate it in english it mean ...When you received the ligths in your face begin to count...LOL

Ha ha!

That is a google website... my French is worse :p:

Did you get all of the code questions answered?

I see why...

It's a direct translation word by word... that's too funny!!:):)

Mon ami, I did not read it until now... :eek:

Ok thanx ...but how do i recognize a 111 code from a 3 in the 321 code for exemple ??? You told that the 1992 use only 3 number codes but what model and years the 2 digits are used for because in Haynes book of explorer first gen they give 2 digits list and in the fordfuelinjection website too.

The way you know which year/engine combination output 2 digit codes and which output three digit codes is to look it up. That's my one complaint with all of the generic EEC-IV code lists out there: they don't tell which codes apply to which year/engine. The only way I know that a '91 4.0 outputs 2 digit codes and a '92+ 4.0 output 3 digit codes is because I looked it up in a Motor Light Truck Engine Performance and Troubleshooting manual at the library.

Bonne chance.

I got my answers in parts but that will be ok BTW if you can go answer to my last thread in 1991-1994 stock explorer section i will be happy. I have problem with my brakes

Back