• Register Today It's free!

help me

megadeth

Reaction score
City, State
cincinnati,oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 navajo
ok i took the intake off and removed fuel rail and cleaned all the injectors. when i put it back together and started it up there was a rel bad rattle knock sound coming from the left valve cover(almost like something metal bouncing around in there). i thought maybe something fell in intake but was not missing ant bolts nuts wrenches or screw drivers..lol well tore it down today and there is a little scaring on the piston not bad and the walls are good valves all in tack... and i found nothing in there..have pics of piston and valves but dont have the knowledge to put them on here...thanks in advanced this is my baby and i have to get her fixed if i dont have my vehicle to work on i will have to spend time with my girlfriend and that will just ruin our relationship...

91 navajo 113,000 miles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

open a "Photobucket" account --- it's free. Upload the pics to the new account and copy (RIGHTCLICK- and select "COPY") the IMG Link for each picture you upload to photobucket.. THEN when you go to post back here at Explorer Forums you will see a little icon of a mountain with a yellow background just above the "Reply" window (Where you type your message... Click it... it will open a dialogue box that will allow you to "PASTE" (Right Click your mouse and select "PASTE"... the IMG link will appear in the dialogue box. Select OK and it will appear as a pic in your post once you submit it. :) hope this helps!

91 navajo

here are the pics hope i did it right

91 navajo

What ever it was it might have blown out of the exhaust.

Might want to fill the combustion chamber up with some fluid and blow some air into the spark plug hole. Probably have to wrap a rag around the air gun to keep pressure directed into chamber. If any valve did get bent if in fact there was something in there bouncing around, this will tell. You'll see bubbles.
If it's bad enough (bend) the fluid will even start to run out the ports.
In fact not a bad idea to do all combustion chambers this way.

cool i will try that i just turned the crankshaft and the piston walls are clean and smooth all the way down. just cant think what could have got in there but it makes me sick.so much invested. but if it is ok i am getting new cylinder heads and does anyone know where i can get new push rods i cant find them. thanks for all the help i have to save my baby...:cool:

well i pored some oil down in there and moved the piston up and down and didnt loose any oil and everything seemed to work smooth does this mean everything is ok i dont want to order over a 1000. dollars worth of parts(cylinder heads, push rods ect.) if i will have issues still... thanks

Need parts?

Pushrods...

Back