Help my daughter make it to Karate Nationals | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help my daughter make it to Karate Nationals

Texas97x

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Worth, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4x4, 95 XLT
Hey everyone, my daughter Lexi is raising money to be able to go to the AAKF Karate Nationals this year in Washington DC. She is 12 now but will be 13 by the time June rolls around. She has managed to win the Gold in her age/division for the last two years and if she does it again this year she will be eligible to compete internationally. We have set up a Gofund me account to help. www.gofundme.com/ltliv4 Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wanted to add some additional information. She started learning karate when she was 7 and she is now a brown belt and will be testing for her black belt by the end of this year. Never thought when I became a dad I would have my own Karate Kid. LOL

Brown belt impressive. I took Karate when I was her age made it up to blue belt when I lost interest..

Brown belt impressive. I took Karate when I was her age made it up to blue belt when I lost interest..

Thanks for the donation vq5speed, she surprises me all the time with how good she is.

Do you plan to fly or drive? I fly all the time, so I may be able to help you navigate the best deal. As of now, the cheapest RT airfare for June 25-June 29 is approx. $780.00 for two adults and one child (DFW to BWI).

Or, you could rent an economy car for one week from Budget (approx. $230 dollars) plus RT gas for $300 dollars (estimation at $3.00 a gallon and 25 mpg Ford Focus - typical Budget economy car).

We will most likely fly. It will be a total of 2 adults and 3 kids. We are really looking forward to her chance to compete in the Capital!

She is up to $345 so far, thanks to everyone that has donated!

I wanted to update everyone. She competed in the regional tournament this past Saturday. She came home with 3 gold medals and is looking forward to nationals next month. She is up to $530 so far but still has a way to go to reach her goal. Thanks again to those that have donated, it is much appreciated!

I just wanted to ask one more time to see if anyone can help. She has made it up to $530 but stalled out there. This will be her biggest trip going to a national karate tournament and now that she is 13 here first chance to compete internationally if she wins the gold again. If you can please help it would be greatly appreciated. She has come so far in her karate and i am so very proud of her!

I will help next weekend.......but for now ill share the hell out of this account

Oh man you do not know how much I appreciate that! I got cut loose from my job last year and had to take an underpaying job until I can find something else and this will a HUGE help.:)

Oh man you do not know how much I appreciate that! I got cut loose from my job last year and had to take an underpaying job until I can find something else and this will a HUGE help.:)

I have shared it on facebook in several groups...hope it helps....and I'll make a donation this weekend

Wanted to update everyone. We went to DC and my daughter placed 4th in the combined girls/boys brown/black belt division. They combined them this year and she ended up being the highest ranked 13-17 year old girl. 2nd and 3rd place were brown belt boys and 1st place was a black belt girl. A very good showing for a 13 year old girl. We went to another federations nationals in Dallas two weeks later and she ranked 3rd in the same combined grouping. Now we just have to pay for all the credit card bills. LOL
Still VERY proud of her and how well she did. She will be testing in December for her black belt.

Back