Help needed again! 4x4 parts and brakes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help needed again! 4x4 parts and brakes

Suppo83

Reaction score
City, State
Salo
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 4x4
Hello from Finland. Troubles with brakes. There's no leak, I have installed new master cylinder and auto adjust kits. I have pump all the air out of system with vacuum pump also. Brake pedal feels good and hard when car is not running, but when I start the engine pedal goes straight to floor. Pumping doesn't help. Any ideas? Can Booster or abs do this kind of problems?

IMG_0510.jpg

I'm also missing these parts from my driver's side axle. Anyone know where I can find those?

car is 1994 explorer 4x4 v6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thanks, I didn't knew the names so hard to find! I can't find those in Finnish junkyards because we don't have these cars here so much. Do you know where to order those parts? Brake problem still need solving..

You said you used a vacuum pump to get all the air out of the lines? Try topping off your brake fluid and then bleeding your brakes. There is a tutorial somewhere on here that shows how to bleed your brakes.

I have also bled my brakes many times in normal way like in your link. Still after I start the engine pedal goes floor.

I cant really think of anything else, but did you use the two people method to bleed them? Where one presses down on the brake pedal and the other loosens and tightens the nut?

Maybe your front calipers are leaking fluid, have you replaced them recently? If not I know its about 32 USD for two new ones not sure on finnish prices.

Hello again! Yes we have bleed brakes with two guys method. I'll take car monday to road legal inspection and see what they say. Brakes works but pedal is still a little bit spongy and goes down.

But still need those little parts to my wheel hub. Washer and c-clip, so if someone knows where to order I'll be more than happy to know.

Where did you get the master cylinder? Just because it's new doesn't mean it's any good. Also, a common problem is stuck RABS dump valve which allows excessive pedal travel. Pedal should not sink to the floor in that case, but it will be low whenever the valve is open inappropriately. This is not meant to be an insulting question but what happens when you pump the pedal several times with the engine running?

Back