Help needed, gauges acting strange. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help needed, gauges acting strange.

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
I bought a set of the white faced gauges for my 00 Ranger that have the gray center post covers for the needles where my old ones had the black covers. I swapped over glass cover for the gauges since the trim that goes around the gauges on my old gauges is black where the new one is silver so I also swapped the gauge needles to match. Now when I plug in the white gauges & start the truck the oil pressure & the temp gauges go way up to the high side but are not pegged. I thought I put the needles at the zero position. Unfortunately I did not test the white gauges before doing the needle swap. :( Any ideas on what I might have done wrong?.

Update, what I did wrong was put the needles back on the gauges with them unhooked from the vehicles power so when I turned on the ignition the oil pressure, & battery gauges went way high, & the tach & speedo were not reading properly. The temp & the fuel gauges stay were the readings were when the truck was shut off. I put all the needles at the lowest point. Ooops.

Back