• Register Today It's free!

Help needed (please!)

01ToreadorSport

Reaction score
City, State
Warsaw, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport 4x4
Hi. I recently bought a 2001 Sport 4x4. It has a hitch and was obviously used for towing. The main leaf is separating from the other leafs, but I have seen a lot worse. It has the four pack and not the mono that seems to be standard. The rear was sagging a lot. I made some shackles for it, but they only gave an inch. The front measures 34 1/2" from cement to the wheel lip, with 6" in between the tire and lip. The rear is exactly 1" less in both measurements. These were taken at the center of the wheel and after the shackle install. I do not want to go any longer on the shackles, as they are already 8.5" from hole to hole. I plan on purchasing some 265/75 M/T's soon, and want to do a TT at that time for more lift. I am not sure if the springs are that bad off or has the front height been adjusted already. Can someone please tell me what stock measurements should be. I assume that new leafs are in order, but want to make sure of the front. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is level. Must be an optical illusion. I would still like to know if the front height is stock. Bummer that it took shackles to bring the rear up to stock height, if it is indeed stock. Thanks for your help.

I just measured my sport and it is 34 1/4" front. And mine is stock. So I would say that yours is stock too. Just so you know that when they switched the body style in '01, they also switched to the multi leaf and dropped the mono. The rear springs are known to sag, expecially if it has been used for towing and the drivers side will sag more than the pass. because of the placement of the gas tank.

Thanks a lot for measuring! I really wanted to measure one at Wallyworld, but couldn't bring myself to do it. So now what? I guess I will have to do an AAL (quick fix) or new leafs if I want to do a TT. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Back