Help needed to remove rocker molding. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help needed to remove rocker molding.

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
I tried to do a search first & did not find an answer to my question, so as the title says I need help removing the rocker panel moldings on both sides to repair the rusted rocker panels on our 99 Sport.
100_0869_zpsh3sxmz7w.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2 screws in the wheel wells at each end, the rest is just plastic christmas tree clips holding it on. Remove the 4 screws, and the push out the clips or pull the trim.

You can borrow my kids for the weekend, they'll kick out any rocker mouldings you care to point them at.

2 screws in the wheel wells at each end, the rest is just plastic christmas tree clips holding it on. Remove the 4 screws, and the push out the clips or pull the trim.

Thanks DjDom. :thumbsup:

You can borrow my kids for the weekend, they'll kick out any rocker mouldings you care to point them at.

Can I borrow them to swap in a new Transmission for me? :D

All I can find is 1 screw in the front wheel opening.

OK I found the one on the front of the rear wheel flare, so there is one in each wheel opening. I got the rocker panel molding off & here is what I found left of the drivers side rocker panel. :(

100_0872_zpsxxckwmxk.jpg

Isn't the molding great?! :D

Back