Help! No brake lights, turn signals or hazard lights. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! No brake lights, turn signals or hazard lights.

gsmann

Reaction score
City, State
Atascadero Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Aerostar
I have a 97 Aerostar. A front wheel bearing failed so I replaced that spindle all wheel bearings and brakes. When I went to drive the car again it had no Brake lights, turn signals or E flashers. I am pretty sure that the multifunction switch failed as this was the first time I had used the E flashers.
I have located a used steering column and will probably just change the whole thing instead of just the switch as the books say you have pull the steering column to change the switch.
Anybody out there know where I can find good instructions for doing this ( Haynes and Chiltons are worthless)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep pressing the hazard button and wiggle it around and the circuits should return. Either that or you have broken wiring connectors on the multifunction switch. If it has tilt wheel move it all the way up and recheck the lights.

Thanks I'll try it.

I've been over under and all over the fuses but thanks for the reply Brooklyn.
Sweetride I'm gonna try your suggestions and thankyou to. Has anybody got a lead on an online factory repair manual?

Back