Help!! No night time dash lights!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!! No night time dash lights!!!

Mitch awsome

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Hi all

Have a weird problem, turned my lights on tonight, all of the running lights, headlights and fogs turned on, But I have no interior lights at all.(but the dome and cation lights on the dash work). Now what is weird is when I turn my head light switch on the little orange light that indicates the fogs are on works. And the compass Which would dim when the the lights are switched on, does not change. I have checked all the fuses and there does not seem to be any other problems, If any one could help that would be magical thanks.

It would seem that every thing that can be dimmed by the thumb wheel is not turning on

Any thoughts?

99 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First and formost always check the fuses, as some of those will be on the same circuit.

Is the dimmer switch turned down all the way by any chance?

I've checked all the fuses, and it does not matter where the dimmer is, But when I scroll all the way down with the dimmer the dome lights still come on, So I'm not sure if its the switch or not.

I went through the manual checking all the fuses, and checking other power devices that may share a fuse but no luck.

I've had nothing but bad luck with this truck nothing works on it,

:mad:

thanks for the help thou,

Well I replaced the dimmer switch, The lights worked for around 20 min and went off again, so I replaced the Head light main switch, Every thing worked then reinstalled my original dimmer just for fun and it still worked.

So yeah it was the head light switch. I guess, and soo far it works all right

fingers crossed.

Back