• Register Today It's free!

HELP oom 12 kit part number

shaunskiman

Reaction score
City, State
Cornwall, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 4.0L
Cars in the local garage today with 02 sensor lean, turns out my ex has,nt had the 00m 12 kit mod and I have mentioned to the garage about what I have read on here and they think that could be the problem bad starting etc, the problem I have is that Vospers ford in Plymouth do not know anything about the oom 12 kit ! does anybody have the uk part number please, I was due to go away with the caravan on saturday so you can imagine how I am feeling knowing that I wont get the heap sorry Ex back till next week thats if they can source the parts......
Hopefully someone can help
Cheers Shaun :roll: :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once again Howard you've replyed with double fast speed Thank You for your help. Cheers Shaun.....

Local garage could not get hold of the oom12 kit fords in cornwall clue less, I went on e-bay this morning and bought one from Vienna Austria, £61.00 with postage wicked :D This Site is great keep it up
Cheers Shaun:salute:

Cheers for that Howard, I have got the Ex back today from the garage they have fitted new HT leads as they say the old ones were arking out (may be the reason for the dog rough running) checked o2 sensor thats ok, reset light on dash so we will see what happens when I go off with the caravan in the morning, When the kit arrives I will have it fitted. Just one question whats that long stick like thing in the oom12 kit ? and whats it for ?
Thanks again
Shaun.....:thumbsup: :salute:

If you read the post it is a restrict-or that goes down an oil gallery to increase the pressure for the oil to the tensioner.

Update

Collected the truck from the garage on Friday connected the caravan pulled off the drive 100 yards up the road back on came the engine management light :rolleyes: I will just have to wait till I receive the oom12 kit get it fitted and see if that cures it, but apart from that there are no cold start problems and it fly's the looks I get blasting up hills at 70 pulling the van :D 300 mile this weekend no problems :navajo: :salute:

The OOM12 kit will probably solve the engine management light issue, with the replacement of the leaking lower main. gaskets.

You could always try giving the IAC (idle air control value) and MAF (mass air flow meter) a clean. They are both quite easy to do, you just have to be extra careful when cleaning the MAF, as the wire sensors are of course very easy to break. There are writeups on here on how to do both, just search 'IAC cleaning', etc. Or go to the list of useful threads.

Back