Help pick dual rate coilover compression and rebound for my HP44 Swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help pick dual rate coilover compression and rebound for my HP44 Swap

Ok let me get started by introducing myself. My name is Nick. Not new to RBV's or Explorers.

I bought Kevin's bronco II (The Pony). It has a 4.0 swap and A4LD and had a 6 inch superlift extended radius arms blah blah :)

I picked up a matching set of axles from a 79 Bronco, HP44 and 9. I am going to mount the front with FOA 14' Coilovers Dual Rate. I have pretty much decided on 250 over 350 Spring rate but I can't decide on valving.

Compression I was looking at either medium light or medium. Rebound I have no clue. Can anyone help with the valving? I predict I am around 4k pounds total or maby 11-12 hundred pounds at each front corner with the swap and bumper/armor that will be added etc etc. I did search, I found spring info and alot of it. Not so much for valving. Ok thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It would be best to contact FOA and tell him your specs and how you plan to drive it (go fast, crawling, etc.). The best way to dial in your valving would be to learn how to revalve yourself. Even with all the info you can give FOA, they can only get you close.

It would be best to contact FOA and tell him your specs and how you plan to drive it (go fast, crawling, etc.). The best way to dial in your valving would be to learn how to revalve yourself. Even with all the info you can give FOA, they can only get you close.

I have called them three times. Never get a tech and told they will call me. So for no connection. Their customer service is so far crappy. Maby that's why they are cheaper? Lol

I think it's just the one guy, Chris lol. They've been getting a lot of bad reviews lately about their customer service. Something about a glitch in receiving parts from a supplier for one. I'd shoot him an email and see what happens otherwise i'd shop elsewhere.

send him a PM on pirate4x4. Thats the best way to get a hold of them. They have been swamped lately and have come out and said that it is effecting their communication but they are working on it.

Good to see you on here Nick.

Hope to see you on the trails this summer. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Cody - funny rocks-2.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 248

Good to see you on here Nick.

Hope to see you on the trails this summer. :thumbsup:

Yeah you know it. I have been super busy. The poney was down almost immediately due to transmission issues but it's kinda reliable now with a craigslist trans I picked up and put in. I am hoping to be done by June and out on the trail. I will still need lockers for the new axles.

Back