Help please. Trying to put a 99 frnt bmpr cover on my 97.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help please. Trying to put a 99 frnt bmpr cover on my 97..

97SPORT_FF

Reaction score
City, State
DAVIE, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 EXPLORER SPORT
What's up everyone!! It's been a while since I have posted anything on here. Alot has changed for my x in that time; k&n fipk, shackles and tt. Getting a flowmaster exhaust installed this week. My question is about the front cover. I wanna be able to put the newer 2nd gen front cover on and I'm wondering if I can just take off mine and bolt the new one on without having to change the reinforcement bar and all the brkts?? Any help would b awesome. Thanks!!

Not sure but I took my bumper off in about 5 minutes. Putting back on took about 10 minutes due to the fact I had to line it back up and make sure it was straight/level with the body. There are only 4 bolts that hold it on the the frame.

its possible and easy but i cant remember what i had to do.

Here is a picture of my 96 with a 99+ front bumper
myx.jpg

I did that about 10 years ago so i dont remember exactly what was involved but from what i can remember, i just used eevrything behind it. The fog light brackets are probably different, but i used aftermarket fog lights anyways.

the bumper will line up fine. I have a 97 explorer 4dr and put a 2000 bumper on it.. What a nice difference.. the fog lights actually do somthing now... I also have it on 33x12.50 westin safari bar. auxilary back up lights. and waiting on my piaa for the bar

Back