• Register Today It's free!

Help Please!!!

EVLSPL

Reaction score
City, State
Fitzgerald GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mountaineer
ok guys here's the story. I installed the big 3 today at about 4. For those that don't know what the big three is, you run 0/1 gauge battery-chassis,engine-chassis,alternator-battery. Well at about 10 tonight I was riding through town and the message center beeped a few times. It said check charging system. I pulled over at the auto zone that closed an hour ago. while I was checking for loose connections under the hood the truck sputtered for second and then shut off. Can anyone tell me what could have happened?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd say remove the "big three" one by one and see what solves the problem.

the reason I did that mod is so that I can run 6 amps in the truck when I finally get the stereo all put together. I will try removing the wires when I get another battery to put in.

Go to Mods Section.

You might want to post this in the mods section. This is clearly a modification. :thumbsup:

hmm..thats weird
BTW can you post pics of where you put the wires? I been think of doing this to my truck. I did it on my old truck and it help my system alot

Back