• Register Today It's free!

joker1457

Reaction score
City, State
Aurora, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Eddie Bauer 4.0 SOHC
98 Explorer SOHC

Heres the deal I have lost a good amount of power and about three miles per gallon. I had her in for three tensioners in the past two weeks, the mechanic replaced the front camshaft tensioner, the jackshft tensioner, and the balance shaft tensioner.

The car Idles fine and runs fine under 2000rpms. In nuetral park or in drive if you are between 2000-4000 rpm there is a vibration that comes through the pedals and throughout the car accompanied with a loss of power. From what I can tell the vehicle is not out of time but before the timing tensioners it never had this vibration.

I dont plan on taking it back to the mechanic because he has caused other issues with the vehicle that he claims are not his doing. Like my A/C no longer working, as well as my new vibration. The guy has been nothing but a pain to work with.

So heres where I stand I plan on replacing the plugs this weekend and cleaning the KN air filter. I had another individual recomend the Torque converter so Im going to check the fluid in the tranny as well. If anyone has other thought or advice all is welcome.

Thanks

Back