• Register Today It's free!

Help!! Quick question

matemorh

Reaction score
City, State
Montréal, Québec
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sport trac Adrenalin 05
Can anyone tell me what is the overall height of our bed extender (when put on the ground in a reverse ''U'' shape)???

Just bought a use one that is 26 3/4'', fit perfectely but seems too ''deep'' because I cannot flip it whitout removing both tonneau covers parts!! and it sit at the very end of the tail gate. I read somewhere that it could be a F-150 bed extender!?!??!

Tx!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is no difference in the Ford bed extenders made for the 01-05 Sport Tracs and the 97-04 F-150s.

There is no difference in the Ford bed extenders made for the 01-05 Sport Tracs and the 97-04 F-150s.

?!?!?!?? Tx...... but....

...... for those who have an OEM bed extender and OEM two section tonneau cover........... do you need to lift BOTH panels to flip the bed extender????

Because with the bed extender I have right now I do have to lift both section of my tonneau cover to flip the extender!!

...... for those who have an OEM bed extender and OEM two section tonneau cover........... do you need to lift BOTH panels to flip the bed extender????

Because with the bed extender I have right now I do have to lift both section of my tonneau cover to flip the extender!!
I've never had the tonneau cover, so I don't know the answer to that question. I wouldn't be surprised if that is true.

no, I don't lift both sections of the cover, just flip rear half onto the front half, and the extender clears no problem

no, I don't lift both sections of the cover, just flip rear half onto the front half, and the extender clears no problem

Than I guess I don't have the right bed extender!!!
Tx a lot to all!
I'm gone try to cut some inches to mine. They go for quite some $$$$ around here (200$)............ I got this one for 50$.

Anyone has a close pics of where it sit on the open tail gate??

Do you have any pictures of your tonneau and bed extender??

Upload them to something like a photobucket.com account.

you have the f-150 extender. the f-150 is 2-3 inches longer. they are not the same. I have both, got one for free from a ford guy. the st one should and will clear the factory tonneau cover with out moving the entire cover. the st one should also fit the 2 rubber bumpers on the extender into to little notches on the tailgate when in the down position. the f-150 extender will miss the notches and sit on the lip of the tailgate while down.

Paul

you have the f-150 extender. the f-150 is 2-3 inches longer. they are not the same. I have both, got one for free from a ford guy. the st one should and will clear the factory tonneau cover with out moving the entire cover. the st one should also fit the 2 rubber bumpers on the extender into to little notches on the tailgate when in the down position. the f-150 extender will miss the notches and sit on the lip of the tailgate while down.

Paul

Tx Paul and Gregg,

I cut one side of the bed extender by 2 1/4'' tonight (didn't have time to finish it).............. that way it should sit right in thoses square notches on the tailgate.
I let you know!!

Cool, I stand corrected. I thought the F-150 flareside and ST used the same bed extender and the tailgates were the same.

cool matemorh. thats away to do it. post up some pics of it after you are done.

The are close john but they made the extender shorter because of the cover....thats ford for ya. I love fords, but sometimes I wonder where they think some stuff up...

paul

Update:
I've finish!!
Everything fit perfectly. For those who want to know, to fit a F-150 bed extender in a Sport trac, you have to cut 2 1/4 inches on each side.
1-Remove the plastic gear (two bolt + plastic lock on each side)
2-Cut 2 1/4'' on each side
3-Drill new holes and reinstall plastic gear
VOILÀ!!
I'll try to post pics!

Back