• Register Today It's free!

HELP Remote Start Problems!!

03Bauer

Reaction score
City, State
Brunswick, ME
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Eddie Bauer
I installed a Ford Silver Remote start system about a year ago. This morning the car wouldnt start unless I "remote" started it. The PATS light flashes rapidly when I try to start it with the key in the ignition (and the bypass button does not enable it to start). The weird thing here is that if I disconnect the PATS bypass on the remote start module, I can then start the car with the key. I was thinking that the PATS bypass was broken, but then the car would not be able to start via remote start. Also, are any resistors or diodes supposed to be installed to make the door locks perform like the factory RKE as the whole operation is a big noisy and rough sounding? Finally, the rear defrost does not activate via remote start even though the wire is hooked up to the correct GR/BL wire at the temp control module, should a relay be installed here or am I just screwed? Any help that you masterminds can provide will be greatly appreciated!!!

it sounds like the problem is simply ur PATS bypass module... i mean im no expert at this but ur entire system seems to be going haywire and the source of all the madness is that module so that mite be it

possibly the anti-grind relay, the pats module, the brain, or worse... installer error. If it was installed right it will be all taped and loomed up. If you can't isolate it, I'd pull it all out, put it back to factory and make sure your car starts. If it does, by a new unit... just my 2 cents. Troubleshooting someone elses alarm work can be tough.

Back