help removing FORD emblem from GRILLE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help removing FORD emblem from GRILLE

JohnnyinLA310

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
I have tried everything possible to take off the emblem from the grille. I am going to spray paint it and I need and want to take off the ford emblem to paint the grille. any tips or ideas? If it doesnt work out Ill just buy an XLS grille :( thanks guys!

photo1-1.jpg

my kitty "Ruby" likes the chrome lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Shove a flathead screwdriver in there and wiggle it out ... Worked for me.
If that dosnt work try heating it up with a blowdryer ... Its just held in by glue.

Bribe that cat into clawig the Fuber out of that emblem.

If you paint onto the chrome, you will need to use a plastic primer first, or the paint will just peel off. Even better is to use a scotch brite pad to remove as much of the chrome as possible.

okay!

took off the emblem,... which was a stubborn child! lol I bought this Krylon indoor/outdoor spray paint in "flat black" that says dries in 10 minutes. I cannot find anywhere! Krylon Fusion spray paint in Flat Black. everywhere I been I only see the Glossy color/s :( I was told, I dont have to sand it. Then others say I should. well what should I do then? Should I buy some primer now? All I want is the Grille to look black. Here is the thing tho... The grille is plastic and and not metal or anything like that. it just has that look like its chrome but it isnt.

I would pay for shipping. but, I dont need an EB grille. Thanks for offering :)

took off the emblem,... which was a stubborn child! lol I bought this Krylon indoor/outdoor spray paint in "flat black" that says dries in 10 minutes. I cannot find anywhere! Krylon Fusion spray paint in Flat Black. everywhere I been I only see the Glossy color/s :( I was told, I dont have to sand it. Then others say I should. well what should I do then? Should I buy some primer now? All I want is the Grille to look black. Here is the thing tho... The grille is plastic and and not metal or anything like that. it just has that look like its chrome but it isnt.

It's plastic chrome, and acts much the same way as metal chrome. Paint may stick to it initially, but it will come off pretty easily.

alright...EB grill isn't chrome so after painting it..it would hold up better than painting over chrome. But good luck:thumbsup:

hmm

well I said what the heck and Painted the grille. Ill just keep an eye on ebay for a black grille. here is what it looks like.

before
DSC02544.jpg

photo-1.jpg

after
photo333-1.jpg

photo111-1.jpg

both headlights are in good codition. its just that camera phone pics and lighting.

Looks good.

Nice!

Came out good. And only cost you a can of paint :D:D

ghoster, could you remind me what an Eddie Bauer grille looks like? I could possibly be interested in a swap.
-Joe

2006 ford explorer eddie bouer

I try to find 2006 ford explorer eddie bauer rear emblem but could not find. if anyone can help please reply.thanks guys I hope you can help me :)

It'd be easier to tape over it. I bought a black billet grill and beat the emblem out of the oem plastic grill with a hammer and then super glued it on. just another route:D

Back