• Register Today It's free!

Help Trans Problem

69Explorer69

Reaction score
City, State
Hagerstown MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4 4dr
ok here it goes my front seal went out 2 weeks ago and i went to replace it got everything put back together.the trans and all went in with no problems at all.Well when i drive down the road i can feel it shift into 1st 2nd but when it gets to third it seems like it doesnt want to shift.What can it be? I wanna rule out the Tq because 1st and 2nd shifts smoothly with no problems at all..I know i lost alot of fluid and i only stuck 5 quarts back in.

Could it be because there is not enough fluid in the TQ to shift it in to the nexted gear.If it helps when i am at 75 mph i am close to 3000rpms.Please help as this is our only car and i am still driveing it to get my wife to work i just gotta stay under 55mph so the rpms wont go so high.What can i do to fix it i am really in need of help.Thanks all

i found a thred on the kickdown cable but it really doesnt help me it just tells me how to install one is there some where on here that will tell me how to do it and what to look for.I see there or 2 cables on the drivers side of the trans is one the kickdown cable..And what does the kick down cable do neways.

Back