Help turning off Rear Wipers on 98 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help turning off Rear Wipers on 98 XLT

justinthenick

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
I apologize for this being such a basic question... ;)

This is my first car (1998 Explorer XLT..) and after giving the interior a good clean my rear wipers are on.. and I can't figure out how to turn them off! It's scratching my back window and I'd like to turn them off ASAP.

The owners manual confused me here.. bare with me, I'm a girl. :) lol. I tried playing around with the side 'stick(?)' to the left of the steering wheel and it only seems to operate the front wipers.. or maybe I'm just an idiot.

Can someone please break it down in baby steps how to turn on/off the rear wipers? This is frustrating me and I'm sure it's about the most simple issue ever.. ugh.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a rear wiper switch on the RIGHT side of the trim piece around your radio. Its also above the Defrost and Fog Light button. Simply turn the knob all the way left and your all set :)

Heres a pic:
2011-03-13131635-1.jpg

You PRESS the button and hold it to use the squirter; all the way to the left is "Off" and to the right is on.

Thanks so much..! This was frustrating me to no end and I didn't even see that button there. Must've accidentally turned it while I was cleaning.

You guys are great.

:)

Glad I could help, im sure ive done something simaler in the past :p:

Back