Help w/ Engine Swap

Jefe

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Clarksville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT 4x4
Can anybody give me some help this weekend, Saturday and/or Monday with swapping out my my engine in my Explorer? :hammer: I mostly just need a spotter to help with getting the engine in and out of the truck. PM me if you can help, Thanks. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What time. I will be coming thru Valencia probably around noon and can give you hand for a few hours.

Wow, quick responses. :eek: :cool:
What time. I will be coming thru Valencia probably around noon and can give you hand for a few hours.
Noon (tomorrow i assume) would be about perfect for pulling the engine. I'll have it all ready to go. :thumbsup:

I can probably help Monday. I'll be in Oceanside tomorrow.
That would be great. :thumbsup:

So now John told me that he WILL be in town this weekend. :confused:
Help will still be appreciated in case he backs out again. :p:

No fair!

I am swapping an engine and trans in a 91, no help!
I can offer moral support :)

I'll be avail monday for sure (day off from work) if ya still need help
lemme know

Can anybody give me some help this weekend, Saturday and/or Monday with swapping out my my engine in my Explorer? :hammer: I mostly just need a spotter to help with getting the engine in and out of the truck. PM me if you can help, Thanks. :thumbsup:

When and where Im there.
Jeff could you weld my shock while im there.

I'm so used to it I dont ask for help anymore hahaha but help is often offered by some of my friends, if I need it they will be there :)

Wait whats the pay, all the dr pepper we can drink! Im in for sure.
That was the idea. I made sure to stock up for Matt, but he brought his own. :dunno:

Pulled the truck in a 7am, Matt showed up as I was working on the last six bolts, and the engine came out easy with his help. Thanks again Matt. :thumbsup:
I finished installing the pushrods and rockers in the new engine, and then set to tackle the header vs. trans adapter problem. I started with the easy side and decided I could shave a little of the adapter and make it work, so while there I started to hook up the EGR and found that my tube didn't fit properly. With a few bends i got it right, but cracked the tube, and then did a crappy job welding it back up. Then on the other side I realized that even shaving off 75% of the adapter it'd still be snug, even after I bent the header as much as I dared. So I gave up on the headers and went back to the stock manifolds, and was pissed that I screwed up the EGR tube now. Took me another hour before I remembered I had parts for two engines there, including a perfect EGR tube. So, at the 12hr mark I decided to call it a day. :rolleyes:
Tomorrow I'll finish up pieces of the new engine, and be ready to pop it in on Monday morning.

i just got my engine swap done and am glad its over...more went wrong here than building a sas suspension

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry I missed to post earlier, I'm close so if you need an extra hand let me know.

Mike~

Back