Help.... want to install a Message Center | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help.... want to install a Message Center

ronsdeal

Reaction score
City, State
Taylor, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Hi all,
I'm a newbie here. Have a 2000 Ex Sport, 4.0 SOHV, Auto.
I would like to install a message center. One that shows MPG, Fuel Consumption, etc. Is that doable?
Presently, have tha dash and more torn out. Installing indiglo gauges, complete new audio w/amps, sub, and sound deadening.

Would love to find out if I can do this at the same time.

Thanks in advance! :salute:

Ron

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Run a search for the message center Ron- only a couple of people have ever gone ahead and done it. For ease of explanation, it really means rewiring everything that it gets data from, and stuff you wouldn't think matters. On a scale of 1-10, it's an 11.

I have a message center i bought that i can sell you, but youd have to wire everything yourself if you dont have the correct hookups

You know, it's really not that bad if you don't mind wiring work. At least you have the right engine. You must match up your message center with the year of your vehicle. They all don't interchange. Here is one that is detailed...there are a couple more you can find by googling.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225017

EDIT: Unfortunately, I just tried that link and it won't work. You might try emailing the author.

i dont know id say its an 11. maybe an 7 or 8. i did it on my 98 xlt sohc. in a couple of days. if you have wiring diagrams it makes it that much easier.

Back