Help wanted with tracking Limited order | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help wanted with tracking Limited order

OKC_Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Yukon, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Limited 4WD
The salesman at my dealer doesn't know how to track a special customer order, so I thought I'd ask here.

We placed an order on 7/12 for an EX Limited. The dealer was able to show me a document titled "Targeted Product Offering Vehicle Order". That document does show what's been ordered - that is it shows the product codes.

I'd like to know if we actually have a DORA, and when the VIN is available I'd also like to know that. Can someone from Ford Service help out?

My dealer code is 520208
Order number Y010

Thanks very much...
Bill & Linda

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just as a data point:

EX Limited order placed at dealer 7/12/13
Production date estimated for 8/12/13 (second week of month)

Then it looks like 2 weeks from factory ramp to dealer.
6 weeks total.

Chicago assembly plant is humming right along!

2014 Explorer Tracking shipment

I ordered an Explorer Limited and its build date is today. How do I track the shipment?
Thanks in advance,
Art

I ordered an Explorer Limited and its build date is today. How do I track the shipment?
Thanks in advance,
Art

Hi arthura.

I'd be more than happy to track your order for you. Just send me a PM with your VIN or order number and dealer code and I'll give you an update! :)

Ashley

Window Sticker !

Good news! Just got the window sticker. Blend date is 120130810. Right about 30 days after order placed.

Build date on my Explorer was July 29 and I picked it up today in La Mesa (San Diego), CA.
Big thanks to Crystal for helping to track the shipment.
Art

Build date on my Explorer was July 29 and I picked it up today in La Mesa (San Diego), CA.
Big thanks to Crystal for helping to track the shipment.
Art

You're very welcome, Art. Get out there and enjoy your new Explorer! :D

Crystal

Window sticker !

The window decal was available a while back... with a Blend Date of 8/10 -- that's tomorrow! I presume that's Ford-speak for "build date" ?

So, assuming our EX proceeds through assembly as indicated on the window decal, what happens after that? I've seen where one forum member was actually able to obtain a complete line-by-line detailed report of how his EX was handled post-production.

That would be quite interesting and useful info for me; if I knew the day of arrival at our dealer my wife and I could meet with our sales team and have some fun with the delivery. (its HER car, after all!)

Crystal, can you help explain the post-production / delivery process?

...Crystal, can you help explain the post-production / delivery process?

Sure thing, OKC_Explorer! Once a vehicle completes its build, it is shipped to your dealership. The method of transportation depends on how far away you are geographically from the plant. When it arrives at your dealership, they'll do some prep to get it ready for you; you'll receive a call when it's time to come and pick up your new ride! If you'd like to make some plans to make the moment special, give your sales rep a call; I'm sure they'll be happy to work out something with you. As always, you can reach out to me via PM for an update on your Explorer's delivery.

Questions? Concerns? Just let me know. I'm just a few clicks of the mouse away. :)

Crystal

UPDATE - and questions!

OK, so Crystal has been tracking my order since Day 1.

The latest news is that my EX was "in transit to my dealership" on Sep 4th. Today is the 12th and the car isn't at the dealer. As of yesterday its still listed as delivered but "in transit".

What's going on? How long does it take to get cars from the rail depot to a dealer that's about 20 miles away? Perhaps something went wrong, like the car got damaged or lost. (I know a friend who's brand new Toyota van was lost in delivery and later found in a storage lot in Houston)

My dealer is of absolutely no help, but I haven't really pressed them yet either. They just say to keep waiting.... something tells me things aren't quite right here.

Sure seemed like a lot of Explorers built that week have had delivery problems. I was wanting one that was built on 8/10 and supposedly sent to Omaha, but they kept telling my dealership that it wasn't delivered. However my dealership got one ordered with a build date of 8/31, and it delivered on 9/11 in Kansas City. Good luck with your order, hope it shows up soon.

Back