• Register Today It's free!

Help with a 1993 Explorer.

andy21918

Reaction score
City, State
Woodlawn VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
So I have a 1993 Ford Explorer XLT it idles rough and spits and sputters when its cold. Has a loss of power and the Check Engine Light comes on after about 5 minutes of running. Once its warm its not as jumpy but still has loss of power. I dont have a code reader. I have tried a new MAF sensor, fuel injector cleaner and new plugs and wires. Today I changed the fuel filter (and got gas in my eye) but its still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do? I've been a long time viewer of the forums but first time poster. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 91-94 section. You could read the codes with a piece of wire or a paper clip to jump the diagnostic connector. This will enable the diagnostic mode, and cause the check engine light to flash a code number.

Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 91-94 section. You could read the codes with a piece of wire or a paper clip to jump the diagnostic connector. This will enable the diagnostic mode, and cause the check engine light to flash a code number.

Here is the link to what BrooklynBay is talking about. It has a more detailed explanation.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147734

Took me a minute to find it, But I'll be bookmarking the page because I still have to check mine.

Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

Back