• Register Today It's free!

Help with center Console

DominicanX

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Sport
How the h*** do you get this thing out. I have a 99 sport and I've taken out every srew that I believe holds it in place. I have the new one ready to go in and from the looks of it I've got them all but this old thing just won't come out. Any ideas, tips, or tricks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

pull really really hard... get a pry bar.

I took the screws out from under the cup holder, and then the screws under the radio bezel. Then I pulled. Now it's still there..:(

Did you pull off the plastic covers on the back-side-top of the console and take out the screws that are in there?

Do you have the full length console or short type?

I have a full lengeth. I have taken off all of the plastic inside of the console (under the armreast) and there were two screws under the radio bezel, and another two in the center that were holding it in. I wlll check the back I'm assuming that plastic piece above the rear vents comes out?

Thank you all for the help. It's 1 am and it is finally installed. turns out I had all the screws out, and all I had to do was pull really F***ing hard. This case (thread) is closed.

4 screws holding the rear on, remove that and one on each side, then you should be able to slide it up and off the bracket

Back