Help with door problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with door problems

tlyda11

Reaction score
City, State
South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello, everyone. I am a new member. I would like any help that anyone can give me on door problems. I have a 1990 explorer Eddie Bauer. My 1st problem is with the front passenger door. My daughter jerked the interior panel loose from the door. Does anyone know what screws I need to get to replace these and where I can get them. 2nd, my rear drivers side door will only open from the outside. The door locks fine, but the door handle on the inside will not open the door.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are three screws and the rest are just clips. Two of the screws are by the door handle and the other is by the mirror. I have the same issue with my rear door but I dont know what the problem is.

Welcome to the forum! On the rear drivers door you may have a broken dor handle or maybe the linkage has fallen apart. I'd take the door panel off and check it out. If you have a junkyard near you you can probably pick up a door handle for CHEAP there just held in by two screws.

Thanks

Thanks for the help

welcome aboard

Also, make sure the child lock is off.

Back