Help with Explorer Sport Trac Stereo Replacement for Model # 3L2T-18C815-BD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with Explorer Sport Trac Stereo Replacement for Model # 3L2T-18C815-BD

momof2

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Can someone please help me with my Stereo Interchange. I have an 03 Ford Explorer Sport Trac with a Factory Woofer, Factory Pioneer stereo that holds 6 CD'S and my kids can plug in head phones in the back and listern to something different. Model # 3L2T-18C815-BD. My CD'S are now stuck in my player and I need a new one. I have been looking for a replacemet on Ebay for a few months now and all these numbers confuse me. I would love to replace my stereo with one that will allow me to plug my IPOD into it or one that is Sattelite ready, even better, one that will do both. Last resort is to just get a Ford Factory replacement but I do not know what other Ford Model numbers will work with mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :rolleyes:

Go here www.crutchfield.com They are great to talk to on the phone and can answer your questions and concerns.

I have been looking too for a few months. So far what i have learned is the first set of numbers is the Year and Model of the vehicle. 2nd Set is the Radio Type 815 being 6CD while the 868 is for a Cass/single CD. The 3rd code is the type of radio, I have yet to find any definitions of what means what. My radio is a 4L2T-18c868-CA. I have the rear DVD ent. center but no Sub. So with your 18c-815-BD do you have a SUB and the DVD with Rear Controls?
Another thing I heard is if they ship the radio WITHOUT the shipping bracket it’s a 50/50 chance it will be broken when it arrives. You might want to check some of the online places on the repair it fairly well know problem from what I hear.
Jim

Back