Help with finding this bolt | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Help with finding this bolt

Hey there is this bolt that I dont know what it is and I would like to know what it is.

Attachments

• 20200530_120001_HDR.jpg
    20200530_120001_HDR.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 258

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
A little reference would help. Where is that bolt located, what part, etc? It seems that when you post questions, everyone trying to help you has to drag information out of you to tell you what you want to know. Same as your brake thread, it took 9 posts before you told us the ABS light was on. Please provide as much information as you can from the start so we don't have to try and read your mind.

technobandit96

Reaction score
City, State
Taylorsville
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XL 4WD
All right. This is all the information that I know it's a scunci garment handheld steamer and its not steaming correctly. I have tried running vinegar and heating it up several times to see if it helped. It did not. I don't have the tipnor a screwdriver that will fix it.
Heres a listing from Sears this is a listing: Sears.com
The bolt is located at the bottom of the steamer with two other phillips screws and its rhe actual steamer itself.
Will taking apart this help or hurt my situation?

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Sorry, I don't have a clue what that bolt is for on a steamer. Might be a drain plug since it appears to be brass, which would mean contact with water.

technobandit96

Reaction score
City, State
Taylorsville
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XL 4WD
I actually found out the answer myself by reading a wiki explaining all of the different types of bolts that were in existence. It's a spanner bolt that is on the bottom of the steamer. I search ed what I could find on my tools that I had as well.

I thought that maybe that this forum does be some good on the unknown topic that I'm not well versed on it that it might help. Brass could of be it, but all I see is a bolt that has brown tarnish on it , sorry.

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
it's a "security screw" of some type. Security meaning to keep you out if you don't know what you are doing. If you did, you'd have the set of security driver bits.