• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Help with fog light installation

I have a problem with installing the wire for turning on my fog lights. I mounted the lights on to my bumper. But I don't know what to do with the wire that goes to the switch. Should I drill a hole through the firewall? Or should I put it through the driverside fender go through the rubber where all the door wires go? Please help. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

bdogg23

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4DR 2WD
theres a plug thingy near the brake pedal on the firewall, you can just poke it through there. if i had my x right now i would take a pic.

Bill Kemp

Elite Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greenville, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD
Follow the hood release cable to where it goes through the firewall. Lots of room around there. I poke a clothes hanger through the hole, tape the wires on it and pull it back into the cabin.

AintNoFantasy

Reaction score
City, State
Lucerne, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
exactly, just follow where every other wire goes through, no need to make a new one.

BIG COUNTRY

Reaction score
City, State
EIELSON AFB, ALASKA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLS 4x4
RIGHT UNDER THE BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND UNDERNEATHE THE OTHER CRAP THERE IS A RUBBER GROMMET...YOU CAN SEE IT ON THE OTHER SIDE INSIDE THE TRUCK...RIGHT UNDER THE BRAKE PEDAL...THAT WOULD BE YOUR BEST PLACE TO START...
sorry 'bout the caps...forgot about it...

AlaskanJack

Elite Cabin-Fever Captain
Reaction score
City, State
Centralia, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 , 93 & 01 Sports
Yep lots of places. My offroad lights have been run into a wire loom that goes to the firewall and then through an empty grommet.