Help with fog light installation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with fog light installation

I have a problem with installing the wire for turning on my fog lights. I mounted the lights on to my bumper. But I don't know what to do with the wire that goes to the switch. Should I drill a hole through the firewall? Or should I put it through the driverside fender go through the rubber where all the door wires go? Please help. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

theres a plug thingy near the brake pedal on the firewall, you can just poke it through there. if i had my x right now i would take a pic.

Follow the hood release cable to where it goes through the firewall. Lots of room around there. I poke a clothes hanger through the hole, tape the wires on it and pull it back into the cabin.

exactly, just follow where every other wire goes through, no need to make a new one.

RIGHT UNDER THE BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER AND UNDERNEATHE THE OTHER CRAP THERE IS A RUBBER GROMMET...YOU CAN SEE IT ON THE OTHER SIDE INSIDE THE TRUCK...RIGHT UNDER THE BRAKE PEDAL...THAT WOULD BE YOUR BEST PLACE TO START...
sorry 'bout the caps...forgot about it...

Yep lots of places. My offroad lights have been run into a wire loom that goes to the firewall and then through an empty grommet.

Back