• Register Today It's free!

Help with Front Drive Shaft

David89

Reaction score
City, State
Libertyville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Does anyone of any driveshaft ends thats dual car. that will bolt up to the front of my Tcase. I have a V6 4.0 SOHC (soon to be V8). I used the stock end and welded one up but its broken 3 times now. I need a dual car. end that will fit on my tcase. haha I need 4WD theres to much snow here, already put her in a ditch twice.
-Thanks Dave
http://bigredexplorersas.webs.com/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think part of the model year 96 explorer had the double cardagan front driveshaft, maybe the 95 as well.

Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Yeah i'm looking into it

I've got a double cardan shaft from a 96, it's 185.00. Fully rebuilt.

how much is shipping?

Your on IL? It'll probably be $15 or so. PM me you info and I'll give you the exact amount.

David89; I went to your website to check out your rig. I seriously doubt that a stock length double cardan shaft is what you want with that front solid axle setup. You would be MUCH better off having one made for you like you did for the back. If your just looking for the joint, junkyard dive for it at car-part.com

ericautopart: dude, not trying to kill a sale, but he has a custom solid axle setup under his truck

David89; I went to your website to check out your rig. I seriously doubt that a stock length double cardan shaft is what you want with that front solid axle setup. You would be MUCH better off having one made for you like you did for the back. If your just looking for the joint, junkyard dive for it at car-part.com

ericautopart: dude, not trying to kill a sale, but he has a custom solid axle setup under his truck

No prob! I'll just find some other way to eat dinner tonight I guess. ;)

Yeah, Just need the joint portion. The front doesn't spin when driving, only while 4WD is engaged. So I will just weld one up!

If all you need is the actual double cardan joint, take a drive down to your local junkyard and have a look under trucks. If you really want one from an Exploder, part of the model year 96 and I think maybe the 95's had them. OR, you could locate one online @ www.car-part.com
It will list the junkyards near you with the parts you want.
Try 96 year explorer

This?

Attachments

• IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 953
  • IMG_2602.jpg
    IMG_2602.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 380

Well there's 2. One of them is an open socket and one has a flange.

I need the flange as well and if you got the shaft too. Even if the other side is busted up. I need the shaft to weld on to?

I forgot about this, sorry.

The lower pic, that end bolts to the flange on the transfer case. You need that too?
The upper pic, the U joint connects to the stud end of the drive shaft. I assume you're saying you need at least several inches of the drive shaft too but you don't need the slip joint of the diff end?

You might be better off hitting up a Junk Yard.

lemme know.

I forgot about this, sorry.

The lower pic, that end bolts to the flange on the transfer case. You need that too?
The upper pic, the U joint connects to the stud end of the drive shaft. I assume you're saying you need at least several inches of the drive shaft too but you don't need the slip joint of the diff end?

You might be better off hitting up a Junk Yard.

lemme know.

Yeah I need the flange (connects to the Tcase) as well. Some of shaft, no need for the slip yoke.
-Thanks I ve been busy with school. I will get to junkyard when all this snow melts

Back