Help with interior color! | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Help with interior color!

RoCkrMAN

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer 5.0L
I have got some parts out of an 2001 Explorer Sport (White gauges, Radio bezel, and heater controls) I got them for my 97' XLT. I was just wondering if anyone knew what color/name it was. Not the gray, the silver. I was wondering if there was some you could buy or touchup.
20130125_1422241_zpsa3936445.jpg

Thats what is on the back of the gauges (Titanium Paint).
20130125_1426291_zpsc21af0d0.jpg

Thats the gauges with the silver Im talking about. Thanks

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Jstcruz

Reaction score
City, State
Deltona, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ex XLT & 84 Ranger
I usualy just take the part/s into the auto parts store and compare the paint caps. If you can get the exact paint it would probably be from Ford and they would want about $97 for a little can of paint.

<

RoCkrMAN

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer 5.0L
I usualy just take the part/s into the auto parts store and compare the paint caps. If you can get the exact paint it would probably be from Ford and they would want about $97 for a little can of paint.

That would work. I know my local napa can take a sample and mix it. So I might do that. I got my leds in for the gauges so Im ready to install them. Hoping they look good! thanks for helping and great job on the hood!

<

Jstcruz

Reaction score
City, State
Deltona, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ex XLT & 84 Ranger
That would work. I know my local napa can take a sample and mix it. So I might do that. I got my leds in for the gauges so Im ready to install them. Hoping they look good! thanks for helping and great job on the hood!

Thanks man!

Glad I could help you out. Those gauges are sweet, Im interested in finding a set now but I would have to replace my pillar gauges... How am I going to explain that to the wife lol

<

<

RoCkrMAN

Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer 5.0L
Thanks man!

Glad I could help you out. Those gauges are sweet, Im interested in finding a set now but I would have to replace my pillar gauges... How am I going to explain that to the wife lol

I got everything off of craigslist. Some guy was parting a explorer sport out and I gave $80 for everything. I would put them in today but we are having a Ice storm.

<