Help with iPod sync problem please! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with iPod sync problem please!

dannich

Reaction score
City, State
St. John, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I am trying to have both my Droid Incredible phone and my iPod sync-ed at the same time. All my music is on the iPod.

Anytime I shut off the engine, I have to go through this whole process again.
To achieve this, the Explorer recognizes and sync's to the phone, no problem.

The iPod is listed under "Bluetooth devices", and iPod itself displays that it is "connected" via Bluetooth, but I cannot switch the audio on the car radio to the iPod. The button for "connect" does not highlight.

To get it connected, I have to disconnect the phone's Bluetooth antenna, disconnect the iPod Bluetooth antenna, reconnect the iPod Bluetooth antenna, then reconnect the phone Bluetooth antenna.....EVERY TIME.

On one occaision, an incoming text message on the phone seemed to have completely locked up the myFord touch system (meaning the navigation and touchscreen completely froze).

My dealer had already installed Gen2 - V2.7.

After going through this process, the first minute or two of listening to the iPod has very choppy audio, as if the system is behaving like my slow computer.

My dealer seems to be clueless as to what to do.

What's going on with my new Explorer???? Is there help???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Even the early versions of SYNC sucked with this.

On the incredible, you have to change the BT settings to remove audio and only leave the phone connection. That is how I got my evo to stream music while my bb could take calls.

Don't connect your iPod via bluetooth. Connect it with a cable. You're gonna be A LOT happier.

Not sure MFT will support multiple bluetooth devices at the same time seemlessly. Like the advice above, connect your iPOD via USB cable and everything works as expected. My blackberry is connected via bluetooth, while my iPOD is connected via cable. I can pick and play music from either device without issues.

Back