Help with L.E.D. Lighting! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with L.E.D. Lighting!

Hey guys! I am having troubles with my lighting. I have a 97 Explorer XLT, but I have changed the cluster and heater controls with a 01' Explorer Sport (I like the silver) but I bought some SMD leds (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271106491536?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) and they just, well, Suck with the lightning. They hardly light up anything. They are bright in my original heater controls but not my newer ones! I would like to know why! I was so excited to get them in! :mad: Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's the way pnp leds are... The ones from Superbrightleds are basically the same as you can buy on ebay.

It's the way LEDs cast off light. They will be crisper but not as bright as incandescents.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were trying to retrofit rigids into the headlight housings and I got excited lol

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you were trying to retrofit rigids into the headlight housings and I got excited lol

Interesting thought. I have Rigid's, and spare headlight housings....

Interesting thought. I have Rigid's, and spare headlight housings....

I wouldn't recommend it. You will not get a suitable headlight pattern.

I'd look into something more like Dialight's 90mm high and low beam modules, or retrofitting your front end to a different style of headlight, so you can use some of the aftermarket round or square headlights.

It'd probably be as bad as the a$$holes that don't have projectors for their HIDs. Sometimes I really hate going to school in SC where they don't seem to care about that.

has anyone dealt with superbrightleds ? looking into a couple sets of the waterproof flexy led strips

I have used superbright led's for several different applications including the outside steps of our RV. They are exposed to the elements and have been on for a couple years. I know most people don't really like PnP led's but I haven't had any problems with them.

Back