**help!** with lift kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

**help!** with lift kit

aws720

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Eddie
How's it going people. Never done a forum Before this is my first time. My name is Alec Icurrently bought a 2002 Ford explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8 4x4 fully loaded 154k miles.

I bought a leveling kit from a guy the other day that stated it was form my truck well I got on eBayand priced some and it was the exact lift for my truck and iI'm getting it brand new for half the price. Well I bought it and took it home and got under it and looked and come to find out the lift come with 4 pro comp shocks 2 torsion keys and 2 leaf springs and all the hardware and realized my truck has absolutely none of that!!!y explorer has coil springs and shocks front and back.... Why??? Why when I look up a leveling kit for it it shows what I bought but mine doesn't have it???? What can I do people? What and where can I buy a leveling kit for my explorer that has coil springs all around and is that was comes on these or is it because mime is a Eddie Bauer or is it because it has a V8?? Or what?

PLEASE HELP ASAP! thanks a lot!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like u have a gen2 lift kit and u need a gen3 search the forums you will find the info u need

wrong lift

Yes I have gen 2 but where do I get the gen 3? Can't find one no where!

Look up/search btf lift in the forums. Lots of info. Also google btf fabrication and it will take you right to his website. This lift is a spacer for on top of the strut. Very well constructed, altho I highly recommend getting the stronger upper control arms, as the factory ones are weak and will fail very quickly after the truck being lifted.

BTF spacers and rancho quick lift's. If you go over 2.5 inches of lift you need extended upper control arms that btf makes as well. You could get a total of about 4 inches of lift all the way around for about $1,500; with the spacers($250), upper control arms ($550), and quick lifts (prices vary depending where you buy from $150-$210 each).

Thanks a million everybody! Not sur e what ima do yet. eally really looking for some 2003-2007 17" chrome wheels off the limited edition explorer

Don't forget the 1.5" or 3" body lifts. If you're just trying to get a good look and/or clear larger tires, they are the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Plus no need for an alignment afterwards, and no extra wear on suspension parts.

Ditto on the body lifts....about to pass 18 months with my wife's 03 with 1.5" body lift, and still very, very pleased. Wife said if we buy another 3rd Gen, it must have at least the 1.5" body lift installed.

yeah i was thinking bout it but i dont to much care for the frame showing deal. especially after u can already see the frame stock anyways

Traxda 102020 but they may have mixed reviews or frankly, BTF custom spacers as recommended above!

i mean i just really need anything i can do to lift it. i would really like to have a idea of homemade coil spring spacers or what kind of spacers i could use for the suspension to give it some height. or if nobody cant help me with that then i need to know where i can get body lifts for mine at a good price nothing outrageous. The explorer aint going off road or nothing so just something to make it ride higher.

I just installed the rancho quick lifts, gained 2.25".

i mean i just really need anything i can do to lift it. i would really like to have a idea of homemade coil spring spacers or what kind of spacers i could use for the suspension to give it some height. or if nobody cant help me with that then i need to know where i can get body lifts for mine at a good price nothing outrageous. The explorer aint going off road or nothing so just something to make it ride higher.

Look at the body lift sticky threads at the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum....kit/part number info is in them. Best bang for the buck if you're just going for a taller look.

Look at the body lift sticky threads at the top of the modified 2002-2005 forum....kit/part number info is in them. Best bang for the buck if you're just going for a taller look.

ok ill check it out. so just click on mod 02-05 forum and it should be near the top?

Amazon is where I purchased mine, remember there is a $126.00 rebate from Rancho if you buy all four.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back