HELP with Rear Camber on lowered Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP with Rear Camber on lowered Sport

CobraJohn

Reaction score
City, State
Magnolia, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
For those that lowered their Sports, how do you adjust the camber?

Any pics would be helpful

Thanks

Here's a thread with good info:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372389&highlight=camber&page=4

To anyone else who lowers it, I took it in for an alignment and the rear camber was way off at -2.5 degrees. They said there is no factory adjustment for it. After I got it home I found out there is. The hole in the upper arm where the bolt goes through for the knuckle is elongated to allow for adjustment. I put it all the way out and I'm taking it back to the shop tomorrow for fine tuning.

It's now -1.4 left, -1.8 right. If I really wanted to I could shift the cradle and get them both to -1.6 but I'm happy with it. Factory specs i think are +.14 to -1.5.

If you can take pics of where this is at, I asked but nobody ever got any. Really would like to set the adjustment to minimize the camber being off when I install the lowering kit before getting an alignment.

Another member found some bolts to use that were camber bolts for another vehicle, but I wasn't too crazy about them, he had to use a shorter nut than factory and looked like a potential failure point IMO not being specifically made for our vehicle.

Several members have similar setup. I just saw this thread and ran out to the garage to see if I could get pics of the bolts without taking my tires off. Hope these pics help. Notice that the bolt won't move that much. You can see the mark from where it was from the factory and how much it moved(just a couple of MM). Also you can see on the sheet that my left side is still .21 degrees out of specs. Doesn't really bother me. Just my 2cents

Attachments

• image-3220594345.jpg
    image-3220594345.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 498
  • image-3555593907.jpg
    image-3555593907.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 488
  • image-3233619523.jpg
    image-3233619523.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 466
  • image-635547508.jpg
    image-635547508.jpg