• Register Today It's free!

Help with seats

Robrt32

Reaction score
City, State
Sledge Mississippi
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XLT
My drivers side cloth seat wont move.. A friend of mine had a wrecked 94 limited.. He gave me the leather seats.. Here is the problem.. On MINE there is a 2 wire plug, on the leather seats its BIG plug in with lots of wires.. I'm stumped the motor and everything else looks the same, JUST the hook up... ANY ideas??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the extra wires are maybe for heated option .

Could be, but i don't find anywhere on the switches to activate it...... I'm betting somebody has figured out how to wire this I just have to find that person

Ive been through a 172 threads concerning seats... I'm lost all i know to do is put my old seat back in.....I was so happy this morning getting those seats.. for nothing

i would imagine that the switch for the heat control would be on the dash some place but seeing that i don't own a limited i can not tell you for sure where it would be located. but for the rest of your problem ....i would look at the leather seats and the cloth ones and see what wire are the same ( color code wise) ,i'm betting that the 2 wires you would normally hook up are there in the wire harness on the new seats .just match up the colors and splice in some new wires ....like if you had 6 wires all together and you only need 2 of them , then cut those two and take the old harness off of your old seats and wire it in like that .

now you would be able to disconnect them with the harness that came from your old seats instead of cutting ALL of the harness's from all the seats ( new and old) and also the one on the floorboard .

edit : ok looking at mine and the diagram below fixxer gave ... dg ( dark green is 12+) and black is ground . ............. any dark green and black on the harness ?

I appreciate ya trying to help but wiring diagrams for me is like looking at a foreign language ..... now if somebody could tell what color wires i should hook my blue wire and blue and white striped wire too. i would be in big business.:D:D.. I don't even care about the lumbar stuff, just forward and backwards...

got a meter ? test out which ones on the floor board are + and - ( i'm guessing thats the colors on your floor board harness and not the new seats ?)

i would imagine that the switch for the heat control would be on the dash some place but seeing that i don't own a limited i can not tell you for sure where it would be located. but for the rest of your problem ....i would look at the leather seats and the cloth ones and see what wire are the same ( color code wise) ,i'm betting that the 2 wires you would normally hook up are there in the wire harness on the new seats .just match up the colors and splice in some new wires ....like if you had 6 wires all together and you only need 2 of them , then cut those two and take the old harness off of your old seats and wire it in like that .

now you would be able to disconnect them with the harness that came from your old seats instead of cutting ALL of the harness's from all the seats ( new and old) and also the one on the floorboard .

edit : ok looking at mine and the diagram below fixxer gave ... dg ( dark green is 12+) and black is ground . ............. any dark green and black on the harness ?

my first thought too but no 2 wires in the harness of the limited seats are the same color as my 2 wires.. that would be easy lol... Ford didn't make much stuff easy especially trying to swap around like this

got a meter ? test out which ones on the floor board are + and - ( i'm guessing thats the colors on your floor board harness and not the new seats ?)

correct , yes sir i can do that easy easy enough

The wires in my truck are green and black... The green is hot..

Ok i have a green and black in the harness of the limited seats,,,, I'm gonna match them up with the trucks green and black and see what i got... My dumb a$$ should have been looking at the truck wiring instead of the seats any way.. I HOPE .... I will see in a minute

...thought there would be the ones you need in the new seats ....the diagram is for 93's so idk if ford would do many changes from 93-94 and also the limited editions.

ok well that made the little air pump run.....now i have
1.Pink
2.lime green with yellow stripe
3.white with red stripe
4.green with white stripe
5.black with red stripe
6.black with orange stripe
7.brown with green stripe
8.purple with white stripe
9. black with white stripe

I wonder what color i should try now and wonder how long before one gets hooked up wrong and blows fuses...... LOST again

all i know to do now is load it up in the truck go to the shop and get on battery.. I'm gonna assume the black IS the ground and touch all the others 1 at a time and see what i get to work... Thanks for the effort,,, I will update what i find when i get back

I give up... I can't make anything work... I thought i would change the track since the motor is on the track and maybe get MY seat where it will move.. no dice either.. The limited has a whole extra plug with about 8 wires that mine doesn't have.. I'm also confused as to how 91 through 2000 seats will interchange because changing the mounting bracket doesn't change the wiring harness... anyhow I'm done with the headache.. hauling the seats to the dump tomorrow .. I have no where to store them and dude doesn't want them back

sorry , from the diagram these seats have a memory funtion so idk if the memory module is located in the seat or is a sepparte module that the seat plugs into ....before you chunk them see if he knows where they plugged into in the limited...maybe it's a removeable item and all you have to do is plug power into it ( you already know which ones supply power) and plug the seat directly into the module .

if your still looking for leather any you/pull it yards near you ?? one near me ALWAYS has a certain number of x's with ( xlt's) leather....find a couple good seats that way .

btw: just read the thread " wireing for power seats " and it appears that " spdrcer34 " has done what you are wanting to do ...he installed limited power seats into his 92 model ...not sure what year limited power seats they were but pm him and he may be able to help you out better with this .

good luck :salute:

Back